Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

sea bass success

mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited 1:39PM in EggHead Forum
I did the sea bass on the mini. You know, that mini is PERFECT for fish. Did 1-1/2 pounds in a little aluminum pan with some sundried tomatoes on top. Comes out unbelievably juicy. Not a dry spot in the fish. I could have probably cooked it for hours without getting dry. Needed a little bit of spice, but couldn't quite place which one. Man I love that little guy.
·

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    MollyShark, I can see I have lost another used one. :-(
    Congrats on the adoption of the Mini and its roaring success. I gotta get one.. Does anyone out there have one for sale? I have walleye season starting soon.
    :*)[p]C~W[p]

·
  • KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
    MollyShark,[p]Sea bass is also great off the Egg cooked at high temps like a steak. We did some this weekend and found a simple recipe for a rub consisting of toasted, ground cummin seeds, salt and fresh ground pepper. Although the piece was 1.5 inches thick, just 3 minutes per side at 700*+ was all it took.[p]K~G[p]

·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,336
    KennyG,
    Sure is something about the egg to allow you to cook at low or high temps, and anywhere in between, with good, unique results![p]The rub sounds good. Try adding crushed corriander seeds next time. Lemony, and good on fish.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·