Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pomegranate brine results and first attemp to post photos

Options
Rollocks
Rollocks Posts: 570
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

DSC_0184.jpg[p]DSC_0209.jpg[p]DSC_0210.jpg[p]

The turkey turned out great - cooked a little faster due to the brine. [p]The pomegranate darkened the bird slightly prior to cooking.[p]The only noticable difference in the finale result was the skin on the turkey was much darke, almost appeared to be burnt. With the exception of being a little saltier the meat appeared and tasted the same as it did a few weeks ago, when I did not brine. [p]The gravy turned out fantastic, as expected, but the pomegranate did not have a noticible effect upon the gravy either.[p]Rollocks

Comments

• Rollocks,
    nice! [p]where are you in cincy? what dealer do you use down there?

• Rollocks
    Options
    I got my first egg on the westside of cincy from Wardway Fuels. I got it from him before he began playing for both teams. He now sells Primo grills too. I purchased my chimnea and small from the mother ship. Everytime my wife makes me visit the inlaws in Atlanta, I manage to smuggle an egg home. Now that I got rid of my Suburban that may be more difficult.

I've gotten parts and accessories from Marcum Poolcare on the Easside of Cincinnati. Very helpful guys, but sometimes I need to call Atlanta and get a part number, to get them to get the right item.

There is dealer in Sharonville, but he seems to have a very low stock. I think he gets a spring shipment and then mostly orders items as needed.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Rollocks,Doggonit, looks so good!!!

• Rollocks
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]I got my first egg on the westside of cincy from Wardway Fuels. I got it from him before he began playing for both teams. He now sells Primo grills too. I purchased my chimnea and small from the mother ship. Everytime my wife makes me visit the inlaws in Atlanta, I manage to smuggle an egg home. Now that I got rid of my Suburban that may be more difficult. [p]I've gotten parts and accessories from Marcum Poolcare on the Easside of Cincinnati. Very helpful guys, but sometimes I need to call Atlanta and get a part number, to get them to get the right item. [p]There is dealer in Sharonville, but he seems to have a very low stock. I think he gets a spring shipment and then mostly orders items as needed.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Rollocks,
    very cool results. ... glad it all worked out for you. . ..