Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GFW's Rosemary Pork Loin

Options
Alan
Alan Posts: 72
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just made GFW's rosemary pork loin today and it was great![p]The only different thing I did was to brine it overnight in a 50/50 salt/sugar mixture. The rest was exactly as posted on GFW's web site. The result was very good.[p]I plan to use this as a starting point and try a few more ingredients in the "sandwiched" method used in GFW's and Mr' Toads loin recipes. It seems that you could do all sorts of neat things like this.[p]Anyway, Thanks GFW![p]Cheers,
Alan

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    PLoin05_14_0018_36_04.jpg
    <p />Alan, recipes are only starting points - please post your pork loin journeys! [p]Your's probably looked a little different (maybe even better), but... this was my original. Have a great evening! :~}

• Alan
    Alan Posts: 72
    Options
    Gfw,[p]That's one of the good things about your recipe, it looked just like your pictures. Repeatability is good..[p]BTW, this loin was a big one, about 4.5 lbs. I did half of it as described, and the wife did the other half in a crock pot(heresy!). I haven't tasted the crock pot one yet, but it looks and smells great as well. If it is good, I'll even post the crock pot one.[p]Only my waistline will suffer from this experience...[p]Cheers,
    Alan