Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lost popovers

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Around the Eggtoberfest time there was a popover link. Can't find in archives. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• eggbasket
    Options
    Richard Fl,
    This is what I copied from the forum. I missed getting the name of the source. This was called Yorkshire pudding but looked like what I would call popovers. They were beautiful! I haven't tried to make them yet. Good luck and I hope this was it.
    Carol[p]
    "For those who asked yesterday...and for anyone else who is interested,here is the recipe and method that I used. Makes about a dozen. I did a double recipe.
    1 1/4 Cup Milk1 Cup All Purpose FlourPinch of Salt3 eggs
    Make sure the eggs and milk are at room temperature.Lightly mix up the eggs (don't beat them).Mix in the salt and the milk and stir.Slowly add the flour and whisk it in.Let the batter sit at room temp for 30 mins at least. Mine sat for an hour.
    Get the egg up to temp 425 dome. Indirect set-up.
    Add 1/2 tsp fat (vegetable oil or clear bacon fat) to the bottom of each muffin cup. Some say that you have to heat the pans and oiluntil smoking in the oven (egg) before you add the batter. I've done it this way and I've added the batter to the cups without pre-heating the pans and there was no difference. These ones were done without pre-heating. Fill the cups 2/3 full with the batter and place in the oven/egg for about 30 mins. Let em go until they brown up nicely. I kept an eye on them through the daisy wheel. I increased the temp to 450 or so for the last five mins to get the browning that I wanted."