Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's here!!! It's here!!!

Options
Ron_L
Ron_L Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The nice man from Dayton Airfreight just rolled my Egg into the garage! I'm watching the DVD right now! (The female voice is driving me crazy :) ). I might put the nest together tonight and then tackle the rest tomorrow.[p]i wasn't sure what I was getting but I ended up with the Large Egg, Nest, Egg Mates, Grid lifter, ash rod, a package of starter cubes and a bag of charcoal! All I need is a platesetter, drip pans, pizza stone, adjustable rig, MAPP torch... :)[p]I called Main Street Fireplace (the closest dealer) and they put all of their Egg stuff into storage until spring. Apparently there is a BBQ season. Who knew? Anyway, he is going to look in storage for me in the morning to see if they have a plate setter. If now I can take a ride one day next week to another dealer to get one.[p]...ron (Assemblin' In The Suburbs!)

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Ron_L,
    Congrats...when your done watchin the video, take the little lady ( assuming there is one ) out to your favorite steakhouse.....for the last time...LOL...in your very near future there will be nothing but disappointment at restaurant food you used to praise..enjoy...and Welcome..[p]Wess

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Ron_L,
    Take WessB's advice. No more restaurants for food you can cook on the egg. maybe Sushi. Haha. Welcome to the club. Take lots of pics!.

• Ron_L,
    i had this long post and hit click and lost it cause i got dropped. anyway,[p]i remember the feeling you are feeling now!

• Ron_L,I can feel your enthusiasm all the way out here in Oregon. Let me suggest that on your first few cooks you keep the temp in the 350 degree area. When you get to 650 degrees plus PLEASE be careful to burp your egg. I forgot, just once, and lost my eyebrows and some of what's left of my hair. That won't happen again. In the meantime you will be having a grand experience making every day a replay of Thanksgiving! Welcome to eggdom.

• congrats on the new arrival. You both are now PROUD parents to a beautiful BIG GREEN EGG.

[ul][li][url=http:// ]http:// [/url][/ul]
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Dr. Jim,
    LOL..I beg to differ..it will happen again....we all forget over time and get a rude reminder...it happens to the best of us..dont feel bad...the best bet is to burp every time you open..kinda like training yourself...cause trust me it still gets seasoned eggers....[p]Wess

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    WessB,[p]I agree Wess....I got bit this week. First time in a long time (and first time ever by the medium), but scorched the ole arm hairs pretty good. This was at a constant 400 temp, no changing of dampers - just opened it to turn the food and *whoosh*...burnt hair smell.
  • Fidel,
    from my limited experience, it seems to me to be dependant on the type of charcoal and the size of the charcoal pieces and the amount of dust or ash in the firebox.[p]*how can we sleep when our hair's on fire!*

• EmandM'sDad
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    I agree. I used some leftover small pieces from my bin this week. Got flashed at least 3 times even with burping
    -mike

• Ron_L,[p]Congratulations! I picked up my large Egg today as well. [p]I'm a little disapointed because none of the 3 local dealers had a plate setter in stock. My original plan was to cook some steaks tonight, beef fajitas tomorrow nite and smoke a chicken on Sunday. Oh well, I really hope one of them gets one in for Thanksgiving because I was really wanting to smoke a turkey as well...[p]The plan got way off track anyway because my son came home from school today and announced he wanted to eat at Chucky E. Cheese tonight... Oh well, steaks tomorrow and Fajitas Sunday nite now....

• JD McGee
    JD McGee Posts: 250
    Options
    Ron_L,[p]WOOHOO!!! Christmas came early this year...congrats!!! ps...toss the fire starters...use the mapp torch. :)[p]JD

Wine Country "Q" Competition BBQ Team Pacific Northwest BBQ Association's 2011 "Team Of The Year" www.winecountryq.com