Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What size Pizza Stone do I need?

Options
AuntieEgger
AuntieEgger Posts: 258
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What size pizza stone do I need for the Large BGE?
My Daughter got me a pizza stone for my birthday and when she asked the store for a baking stone for a Large BGE they sold her a 14 inch!!!! I have read that the 16inch is for the large and the 14 is for the medium BGE although it does have on the tag that it is for the Large BGE MMmm I’m confused. [p]So I thought I’d ask the eggsperts [p]AuntieEgger

Comments

• Hello AuntieEgger,[p]
    I have a Large and I have a 16 and a 15 inch they both of course work just fine.[p]Hope this helps...[p]Ciao,[p]Sean

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    AuntieEgger,[p]The BGE large stone is 14".
  • mr.b
    mr.b Posts: 75
    Options
    Sean a.k.a Vespagt250, where did you get the 16 inch stone? i thought bge sold a 16 inch for the lge and that the 14 inch is for the medium. i have a 21 inch for the xl but i want something smaller as well.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    mr.b,
    No, BGE sells the 14" stone and they call it the large pizza stone, and a 12" stone they call the medium stone. I bought a 16" from Crate and Barrel which they no longer sell. I think they may sell something now, but it is not the same stone that I bought 6 years ago. If you get a nice thick ceramic stone, you should be ok. Primo sells a stone that is 15 or 15.5" which is another option if you want a larger stone that is known to take the heat. Good luck![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • AuntieEgger, we had a clay stone for years in the kitchen and it lasted for one pizza in the large BGE. We bought the recommended 14" BGE stone for our large BGE and no problem.