Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pizza

Options
Jim R.
Jim R. Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
[img][/img]fe06d183.jpg
<p />Not the most round but very tasty-excellent crust!

Comments

• Jim R.
    Options
    fe06d183.jpg
    <p />Jim R,
    Trying again

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Jim R,
    Looks good to me. If you can make pizza without burning it I think you can probably make anything ;). Thanks to Spin, it is now pretty easy to make a great pizza if you follow his directions. I'm not saying all of mine are perfect, but they are still better than in my oven. :)
    Later,
    ChefRD

• Jim R.
    Options
    ChefRD,
    You are right!Credit wasn't given but should have been.Thanks Spin!

• GaDawg
    GaDawg Posts: 178
    Options
    Jim R,
    Nice job, your shape will improve with practice, mine did (the pizza that is).
    Chuck

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Jim R,
    Looks great to me! I too am still working on that round shape for the pizza. Unfortunately, Shelby already has that round shape. But more important than it looks good is how it tastes.

• Jim R.
    Options
    GaDawg,
    If the pizza was a look-a-like it would be very round.This constant what to cook next sure doesn't help!

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Jim R,[p]That is one beautiful pizza! Congratulations.[p]To help with forming a round pie, start with the amount of dough you need, and form it into a ball by hand. Press the ball down to form a flattened ball and then start to roll it out to the desired size. Use many passes with the roller, turning the dough a bit each time. Always roll the dough towards the lacking side of the circle starting from the far side of the pie.[p]If the end result is not quite perfectly round (some bumps), simply pinch the edge a bit thicker to form the perfect circle (or not!).[p]Spin