Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Traveling Egg

Options
Sprouter
Sprouter Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Funny Story,
Received a medium egg for Christmas. The egg traveled from Washington D.C. to my home in Nashville. First thing I did when I got home was to try to accessorize at the "Hearth and Stone". Was able to pick up an ash tool and some lump Charcoal but they had nothing else. They had one large egg on the floor but it was sold. Started thinking about upgrading to a large (Medium still in Box). After much surveying of this forum, I convinced myself to go to the large. Problem was there was none to be had in Nashville. Thanks to the forum, they told me that the BGE store in Atlanta was the place to go. Well that Friday night, I decided to take the traveling egg and get on down to Atlanta (Road Trip!!!)the following morning (Wife thought I was absolutely crazy). Being a first time egger, I could not wait to get there (3 1/2 hours). Was in heaven. They had ribs, chicken, roast and wings going outside. Upgraded to the large egg and bought all sorts of different smoking chips, egg-accessories and recevied6 free huggers (Cup Insulators) to boot. So, the traveling egg has seen about 2300 miles. Can’t wait to cook on it tonight.
Sprouter

Comments