Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tailgating and a new babyback smoke record (for me anyway)

Options
Thrill
Thrill Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been meaning to post this for awhile, but the holidays prevented me from doing so.[p]One reason I bought the Egg was to enjoy it with my other passion: college football tailgating. Over the course of the season, I brought the Egg down to every Ga Tech home game (no jokes please), and had everything from wings to pulled pork to babyback ribs. I was amazed at the people that came by and said, "My neighbor has one of those, and it makes the best BBQ ever", or "What the heck is that", or "Do you have any left over?". It has been a joy to share my small cup of knowledge with inquisitive strangers. I also has a bunch of comments on the table I made for it.[p]Anyhow, at our final home game against UGA, I stuffed 9, yes NINE, full racks (cut in half, of course) into the egg. Though our tailgating camp was covered with black and gold, we had Georgia fans crawling on their knees asking for a small rib. The sweet smell drove everyone crazy. They were some of my best ribs yet. I used the Guinness/Apple Ribs recipe from GFW's site.[p]Thanks to this forum, and those that support folks like me who never smoked a thing before. The best news I got today at the office was that another co-worker received a BGE for a Christmas gift (that makes 3 guys at the office with new Eggs in the last 12 months).[p]---> Thrill

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Thrill,
    Congratulations on the fine use of your egg. Sounds like you're doing some great advertising for the BGE company. With some of the newer people having trouble with the bands slipping you might want to caution the others in your office about double checking their band bolts. After mine slipped off (yes, the silicone was on both the upper and lower) I replaced the screws with bolts, flat washers and then double nutted them.
    Happy Egg-n
    New Bob