Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mr. Toad's Pork Loin

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did my first pork loin tonite, using Mr. Toad's recipe as a guide. Rather than cut the roast in 3 horizontal slabs, I opted to spiral cut horizontally & roll the stuffing up, like a stuffed flank steak, simply cuz I like the look. After initially cutting & unrolling, I gave the flat section a moderate pounding with a meat hammer, & proceeeded as follows - was unable to find fig preserves as specified, so I instead spread the flat with apricot preserves. I then took golden California figs & chopped coarsly, along with chopped dried peaches & apples (or "Schnitz", as we say in Pennsylvania). Also chopped some cashews, then spread the mix evenly, rolled, wrapped in bacon, & tied. Reason for chopping fruit & nuts was to make for easier rolling; don't imagine it would be necessary with 3 horizontal slab cut, as in original recipe. Put in 300 degree egg with piece of pecan about the size of a chicken egg - 2 hrs. later pulled roast at 140 degrees internal & let sit 15 min - temp rose during that time to 147! Results were fantastic - no foolin'. What a meal - Wouldn't hesitate to serve it to anybody. Really different - & classy too. Mr. Toad, my hat is off to you! Thanx for a great recipe...ERIC P.S. Thanx for the advice Spin...