Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Triple Threat & some ABT's(later) are Smokin away outside......

mojopinmojopin Posts: 200
edited 8:46PM in EggHead Forum
DSC03251.jpg
<p />Any idea how long a 4.25lb stuffed pork loin should take to get to 140? Indirect with Dome temp at 325 as per directions.[p]Thanks Big'un for posting the recipe! I can't wait to try it! I took some liberties with the stuffing and didn't use as much bacon, or tie it up....(i'm lazy) but it sure looks like it will be tasty. Threw in some cherry wood. I'll post more pics later!
ABT's will go on in 45 or so.
-Jill[p]DSC03250.jpg[p]

Comments

• Ron_LRon_L Posts: 163
    mojopin,[p]Wow! That looks good already! Where's the recipe (I know... search :) ).[p]I'm looking forward to the pics when it is done.[p]...ron

• mojopin,
    I usually cook my stuffed loins ate 350 indirect and a 4 1/2 -5 pounder should take about just under 2 hours. be sure the probe is in the meat not the stuffing. I pull at 140F and they creap up about 5 degrees while resting for 30 minutes.

• mojopinmojopin Posts: 200
    Ron_L,[p]Thanks, it's in the 2007 Eggtoberfest cookbook and also all the way down at the bottom of the list of posts.... something about Thanksgiving and not wanting turkey this year.
    -Jill
    And....Here

[ul][li]http://www.eggheadforum.com/wwwboard/messages/440766.shtml[/ul]
    Richard Fl,[p]
    Thanks for the tip... even though the stuffing was raw to start? Should I check both temps, the stuffing and the pork itself?[p]-Jill

• mojopin,
    Just worry about the meat, the stuffing will take care of itself. Enjoy

• Ron_LRon_L Posts: 163
    mojopin,
    thanks! I'll have to try that.

• mojopin,
    nice! i like that angle on the first one

Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]Thanks, that means a lot coming from you! :)[p]-Jill
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    mojopin,
    That's looking pretty good to me! Great job! Please post pics later and if you have any questions I can help with, just let me know.

almost-finished.jpg
    <p />Thanks Big'Un, this turned out fantastic! I will definately be adding this to what I am cooking for my uncles surprise party on Saturday!! Shhh... don't tell him.[p]Since I am allergic to most fresh fruit I opted for canned pears cause they don't make canned apples... that's a shame. I would have gone with more pears and less onion in the filling next time. And I don't have a fancy hole cutter so I used a knife which made the hole slightly bigger... but that just means more tasty filling :)[p]The ABT's are made with Poblano's so they are extra HUGE and not as spicey for me mum.... although somehow she must have had the ONLY one with a seed... LOL... it was still spicey according to her.
    DSC03259.jpg[p]DSC03260.jpg

• Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    mojopin,
    Bea-u-ti-ful Job! Nice smoke ring! First time and you are an expert! Was the meat really juicy? It looks great!

Big'un,[p]*takes a bow* Super Juicy! I let it go to 150ish...and the pig candy on top was amazing as well.[p]thanks!
  • mojopin,
    beautiful![p]pork stuffed with pork wrapped in pork!
    pork cubed. the triple threat. get recipe big'un

• mojopin,
    jill, long time no hear. .. that looks great!!!. .. the spawn misses you! . ..she's having fun at hofstra though. ..

mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Tell spawn I miss her too! I am going to have to do my best to make it to waldorf in 2008. I missed out on Eggtoberfest... just too much going on in October this year. I WILL be there next year.[p]This is pretty far down in the threads, so I'm gonna email you as well.[p]-Jill