Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks RRP, Baby Backs at $2.99/Lb!

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
MRibs_06_09_0018_04_01_small.jpg
<p />Last evening I had an email from a neighbor (RRP lives a long stones throw over a few ravines) - our local Kroegers (and maybe your too if you have one) had baby back ribs for $2.99 (going price in Peoria is $5-$6 lb) per pound - I just got back with four nice racks, stripped the membrane, divided and put into the freezer. [p]After I finish this beer, I think I'll go back and pick up a few more - it's nice to have friends - thanks RRP![p]I wish each of you a very Happy and Prosperous 2002![p]Life is GOOD! :~}
[ul][li]Baby Back Ribs[/ul]

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Gfw, you're welcome! I went back myelf and sorted through numerous packages which they had out in the regular bins by that time and picked just which I wanted as opposed the choice out of four or five as normal. I got one rack rubbed for tomorrow and six more in the freezer. T'was a good day to spent money in Peoria!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Gfw,
    You mentioned stripping the membrane off your ribs. Is that necessary? What is the best way to do it? I did a couple of racks about a week ago without stripping anything and they turned out great.

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Razorback, just a matter of preference - merely grab the end with a piece of paper towel and pull - Tim M has a picture on his site, but I cluldn't find it - best approach, try it both ways and then make them the way you like the best. :~}