Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two briskets at same time on BGE

Options
Babyray
Babyray Posts: 250
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have room on grill of BGE for two 6 to 7 lb. briskets. Will this change the cooking time as opposed to one. If they are really close to same size, I guess my polder in one will do the trick as to temp. I will be cooking indirect over plate setter with drip pan half filled with water.

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Babyray,[p]There should not be any need to add extra cook time for the second brisket. Figure about 10-12 hrs at 240* dome (225* at the actual cooking grid). Shoot for an internal temp of 200-210*. Just my opinion. JJ and Nature Boy are the real chunk of chest experts.[p]K~G

• DavidR
    DavidR Posts: 178
    Options
    Babyray,[p]Put your grid extender on top of the main grid, and cook one brisket on top of the other. A friend of mine does this all the time. The purpose of this is to allow the juices from the top brisket to "baste" the bottom brisket.[p]It turns out great!