Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Ribs

Options
smoking pup
smoking pup Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello All
Back from overseas to find my egg moldy and half burned kingsford inside(My Brother who is now properly trained on lump) I tried to find beef ribs tips on in the archives with no luck. I have about 5 pounds, I was thinking about rubbing them with JJ's then on the egg for 2 hours at 300. Any thoughts? Thanks[p]Chris

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    smoking pup,
    They like a long cook time (4-5 hrs or more @ 200-210*). The longer they cook the more tender they get and get more smoke flavor.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    beef2.jpg
    <p />smoking pup,
    Go long -- real long. 5-7 hrs will be ok too. They are really greasy and tough, longer is better.[p]Pictured are the last ones I did, some time ago. They only went 4+ hrs but needed more time. The link below takes you to the beef rib webpage with more pictures.[p]
    Tim

[ul][li]Tim's Beef ribs[/ul]
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    BeefRibs06_12_0017_56_02_small.jpg
    <p />smoking pup, like Tim all I'll say is the longer the better - the ones in the picture went about 5.5 hours and could have used at least 1 more. Check out the link for more pictures and cooking times.[p]Good Luck! :~}

[ul][li]Beef Ribs[/ul]