Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

jerk chicken

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am thinking about making jerk chicken on the BGE today. Any ideas out there?[p]Also, I cannot find the long BGE Recipe Book that I think originally came to me via Tim M's site. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• char buddy
    Options
    choo choo,[p]here is a recipe from last year's eggfest in waldorf, md. Forgive me but I am having a brain freeze and can't remember the cook. (If you are reading this please id yourself and my apologies). I also make a jerk with Mrs. Dog's bottled jerk sauce. Both are good, but it is fun to make your own.[p]Basically it's a modification of "Jackson's Jerk Chicken"
    as printed in "Weber's Art of the Grill". - With meat proportions,
    cooking times, and temperature settings completely disregarded. ;)[p]6 scallions (chopped)
    1 shallot (chopped)
    2 scotch bonnet chiles (finely chopped including seeds)
    1/2 cup red wine vinegar
    1 1/2 tbsp of your favorite hot pepper sauce
    - consider changing the proportion on this based
    on your sauce. this much "dave's insanity" could
    kill a man...
    1 tbsp alspice.
    2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
    1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    2 tbsp veg oil
    1 tbsp kosher salt
    1 tsp coarsely ground pepper.[p]Toss it all in a blender (and blend) until smooth. [p]Typically I will create a brine for 8 hours or so and then
    dry the chicken off transfer it to the jerk marinate for
    another 8 to 24 hours. yesterday I skipped the brine and
    only managed 8 hours in the jerk for some bone-in breasts.[p]They were great after 2 hours, indirect, @ 275.[p]