Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest recipe for stuffed pork tenderloin

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking for the recipe for a stuffed pork tenderloin served at Eggtoberfest by the group in the back corner. They also served that yummy California Cheese Bread
thanks!

Comments

• harriet,[p]Here is one of them. Hope it is the right one. If not let me know![p]Pork, Loin, Stuffed, Triple Threat, Big'un

Bacon wrapped pork loin stuffed with apple sausage

[p]Ingredients
    1 pork loin
    1 lb bacon for every half loin(typically)
    cooking twine (no not wine, although...)
    1 lb roll of Jimmy Dean Sausage
    3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
    1/4 cup white wine (I like chablis)
    1 small onion
    1 large apple cored and diced
    2 Tbs favorite rub + extra for seasoning

Preparation
    1 Take out loin and typically they are already cut into two pieces. Each piece is considered by me to be one loin. Cut away any fat or silver skin. The toughest part of this cook is the prep. I use a tool I made to cut a hole in the loin for stuffing. You can achieve the same effect could by merely slicing 2/3rds into the loin to allow for the sausage stuffing.
    2 After prepping the loin return it to the refrigerator.
    3 Mix the last six ingredients (and any extras) in a bowl. Stuff the loin w/sausage and return to refrigerator.
    4 Get out the bacon and separate it. You'll see later that this expedites the wrapping process.
    5 Cut the twine in large enough pieces to tie the loin. Lay them out on your prep board, spacing them about two inches apart.
    6 Sprinkle the rub on the outside of loin and lay it on the front third of the twine.
    7 Start to wrap the bacon lengthwise, slightly overlapping each piece of bacon. After you have wrapped all you can, use the twine to help rotate the loin leaving the bacon intact. Cover the rest of the loin with bacon, and tie snuggly.
    Cooking
    1 Cook at 325° F dome, indirect, platesetter legs up, drip pan underneath grate.
    2 Remove the roast at 140° F internal. Tent with foil and let rest.
    3 Enjoy! Juicy and a great presentation .
    NOTE:
    1 You can add anything else you like to the sausage mix. Kalamada olives,crushed red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, toasted pine nuts, diced mushrooms, spices, etc are all good. Anything that adds moisture or flavor will work, make it your own!

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Author: Big'un (Todd Hippo)[p]Source: BGE Eggtoberfest '07, Big'un

[p]

• harriet,[p]Here are a couple of them.Hope it helps.[p]
    Pork, Loin, Stuffed, Triple Threat, Big'un

Bacon wrapped pork loin stuffed with apple sausage [p]
    Here is another.[p]Pork, Tenderloins, Tuscany, Mr. Toad
    [p]Ingredients
    Pork Tenderloins
    Bad Byrons Butt Rub
    Fresh Spinach
    Roasted Pepper Bruschetta - I use Delallo
    Parmesan Cheese
    Cashews
    Butchers String for tying
    Apple Wood

Procedure
    1 Trim all fat from two pork tenderloins.
    2 Butterfly and coat lightly with rub of choice. I use Bad Byrons. (No one can rub a butt like Bad Byron)
    3 Put two layers of fresh spinach on tenderloin followed by the bruschetta. Drain and dry bruschetta with paper towel before layering.
    4 Sprinkle with cashew nuts and grated parmesan cheese.
    5 Tie with butchers string.
    6 Smoke at 325° F. I use apple wood for flavor and color. I thickly coat the outside with rub for taste and color.
    7 Let the meat stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
    8 Slice and enjoy!

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Author: Mr. Toad (Rodney Deal)[p]Source: BGE Eggtoberfest '07, Mr. Toad

[p]

[p]Ingredients
    1 pork loin
    1 lb bacon for every half loin(typically)
    cooking twine (no not wine, although...)
    1 lb roll of Jimmy Dean Sausage
    3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
    1/4 cup white wine (I like chablis)
    1 small onion
    1 large apple cored and diced
    2 Tbs favorite rub + extra for seasoning

Preparation
    1 Take out loin and typically they are already cut into two pieces. Each piece is considered by me to be one loin. Cut away any fat or silver skin. The toughest part of this cook is the prep. I use a tool I made to cut a hole in the loin for stuffing. You can achieve the same effect could by merely slicing 2/3rds into the loin to allow for the sausage stuffing.
    2 After prepping the loin return it to the refrigerator.
    3 Mix the last six ingredients (and any extras) in a bowl. Stuff the loin w/sausage and return to refrigerator.
    4 Get out the bacon and separate it. You'll see later that this expedites the wrapping process.
    5 Cut the twine in large enough pieces to tie the loin. Lay them out on your prep board, spacing them about two inches apart.
    6 Sprinkle the rub on the outside of loin and lay it on the front third of the twine.
    7 Start to wrap the bacon lengthwise, slightly overlapping each piece of bacon. After you have wrapped all you can, use the twine to help rotate the loin leaving the bacon intact. Cover the rest of the loin with bacon, and tie snuggly.
    Cooking
    1 Cook at 325° F dome, indirect, platesetter legs up, drip pan underneath grate.
    2 Remove the roast at 140° F internal. Tent with foil and let rest.
    3 Enjoy! Juicy and a great presentation .
    NOTE:
    1 You can add anything else you like to the sausage mix. Kalamada olives,crushed red peppers, sun dried tomatoes, toasted pine nuts, diced mushrooms, spices, etc are all good. Anything that adds moisture or flavor will work, make it your own!

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Author: Big'un (Todd Hippo)[p]Source: BGE Eggtoberfest '07, Big'un

[p]

• Richard Fl,
    Sorry for the triple post both recipes are there but one got mixed in with the other.[p]

• Mega Egga
    Options
    I think that the one that you ae looking is a loin stuffed with spinach and pepperjack cheese. I cooked it when I returned from the Fest and it turned out really good. One word of caution, don't split the loin completely lengthwise. Leave about 1/2 to 3/4 inch at each end so that the cheese doen not melt and run out. I cooked it at 350 till it reached 150...really moist and full of flavor.....good luck