Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Thermometer

Beast
Beast Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is it necessary to every remover the BGE Thermometer and clean the build up from around it that comes from cooking just curious..??
Beast

Comments

• Beast,[p]Every few cooks I like to let-'er-rip when I'm done -- lets the temps soar to 700+ for half an hours or so...[p]Cleans out the goop build up...[p]Then, I vacuum out the ash, and rub the insides down with crinkled second-hand al foil.[p]~ Broc[p]PS -- Gasket warning![p]
  • JD McGee
    JD McGee Posts: 250
    Beast,[p]I do every now and then when I think about it...I use a fine scotch brite pad or steel wool and just knock off the outside layer of crud. [p]JD
    Wine Country "Q" Competition BBQ Team Pacific Northwest BBQ Association's 2011 "Team Of The Year" www.winecountryq.com
  • Beast,
    If it's got gunk on it, you'll know it. It doesn't work more or less ..anyway ..good idea to just reach in there once in a while and clean it off but when it's cold preferably. [p]
    freddy-poo2_2.jpg