Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza on the Small - I have found consistency!

Options
Pace Yourself
Pace Yourself Posts: 42
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang,[p]I just wanted to share my set up for cooking pizza on the egg. I have been doing them this way for a few months and have been very happy with the crust and general doneness. Here is how I set up the egg:[p]

100_1167.jpg[p]I am using GrateMates to create the air layer between the plate setter and pizza stone. My crusts have turned out very thin and very crisp since I started using this set up.[p]100_1166.jpg[p]
[p]
For dough, these were Trader Joe's fresh dough. I also use a local market that makes it daily. Since I am making 9-10 inch pizzas I only use about 5 ounces of dough per pizza and I roll it out real thin using lots of corn meal to keep things moving. I use a fork to punch holes all over the dough after it is rolled out, then a little olive oil before seasoning and red sauce. (or BBQ sauce if I am using PP and Fatties as toppings….happy mouth….)[p]Today's toppings were very simple, different cheeses, a little pepperoni and a few mushrooms. (The one with the Mexican blend of cheeses had lots of DP swamp venom involved. If you haven't incorporated DP into your pizzas I would highly recommend it....)[p]

100_1169.jpg[p]
100_1170.jpg[p]
100_1171.jpg[p]
[p]
From a temperature perspective, some days are higher than others but I try to do them at 500-550 in the dome and they take between 4 1/2 and 5 1/2 minutes to cook.[p]Anyway, my whole family loves these and I wish you all success with your pizza on the egg![p]Cheers

Comments