Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Changes in Altitude

Options
Gare-Dog Fireboy
Gare-Dog Fireboy Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I live in SLC and am used to Egging at 5000 ft ASL, my Father just bought an Egg in Westchester County NY and we are now Egging at 420 ft. I am curious how cooking times are affected, does cooking time increase or decrease at lower altitudes.

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Gare-Dog Fireboy,[p]Things might cook quicker but I don't think there is any noticable difference. I can go from here up to the high mountains 10,000' and it takes a littl longer to get things to temp simply because there is less O2.[p]What part of the valley do you live in. We are in Taylorsville.[p]Kent
  • Gare-Dog Fireboy
    Options
    Grandpas Grub,
    I am in Sandy (10100 S/ 1925 E), very glad to have a reply from a fellow Egger in Utah. I have a group of friends in Park City that all have BGE's, and each Egg is seasoned differenty by our individual meat choices. We really look forward to our BBQ's, I hope the same goes for you.
    Take care,
    Gary