Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

help with roasting pan fitting large egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just bought a stainless steel roasting pan with rack from Linens and things for $15.00 reg 49.95. Got home and tried fitting it with the grid lid will not close on top of my place setter large egg. if I angle it it just closes but n ot sturdy. However if i remove the place setter and set it on the edge of the fire wall it fits but It would be real close to the fire I do not know what to do I do not think I could bend the pot and gain a inch or less need suggestions I do not want to spoil my first turkey by the way the pot and rack is beautiful stainless with non stick rack please advise ASAP thanks

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Martvelous,[p]Will it fit directly on the inverted (legs up) plate setter?[p]If so you are in good shape. Use your ceramic feet or something similar to raise it off the plate setter 1/2" or so to keep from scorching.
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Martvelous, You really don't need a roasting pan to cook a turkey. I have never used one and I've been grilling turkeys for 30 years. I put a round drip pan on the plate setter (raised on BGE feet IF I want to use the drippings for gravy) and put the turkey directly on the grill grid. I usually fold the wings under except on Thanksgiving, when I truss the bird. I cook my stuffing separately. Prior to cooking I season the cavity and put in some sage, onion chunks and an orange that has a bunch of holes poked in it. JCA

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    P.S. Marvelous: I use a turkey lifter.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Martvelous,
    go back to the mad max turkey site and see how i fit mine in ... . if your pan is rectangular you may need to bend in the corners a tad .. but its improtant have that barrier and airflow between barrier and the bottom of your pan. .

[ul][li]http://www.nakedwhiz.com/madmaxturkey.htm[/ul]