Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First butt and the Guru

Eager EggerEager Egger Posts: 236
edited 12:56PM in EggHead Forum
Well after much discussion with forum members and searching of recipes, here is my first attempt at an 8# pork butt and an all nighter using the BBQ Guru. The basic recipe came from "The Egg Godess" an old sailing friend who knows her butts. The injection recipe is from the BGE Website and their recipe for Pulled pork.[p]2 cups apple juice or cider
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 tbsp of the rub you use on the butt (finely ground) [p]The egg heating up and the Guru ready to go
E85G5130_resize.jpg[p]Here's the butt on the egg injected and rubbed with brown sugar and Rudy's rub mixed 50/50.
E85G5131_resize.jpg[p]Will add more pictures tomorrow night if it turns out well. We should have enough to feed our kids, grandkids and a coupleof neighbors :-)

Comments

• Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    EagerEgger,[p]I'm interested to see how that one turns out, Mike. My brother and I will both be egging for this Sunday's games. He's pretty much got the pork area covered, and I'll be covering the chicken and beef.[p]Good luck with the cook tonight.[p]-Mike

• Mike: I am headed to bed and am hopeful that the BBQ guru will let me sleep :-) The temp is sitting at about 236 to 240 Dome temperature, so that equates to about 211 to 215 at the grill. Should be done about noon tomorrow based on when I out it on. This is totally new to me, so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.
    Mike