Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Lunch and a Butt!

GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
edited 1:33AM in EggHead Forum
Lunch1.jpg
<p />It must be a good day for butts! Mine is 8 lbs and will be put on the BGE at about 6:30pm this evening. Covered with mustard, salt and pepper it is ready to go![p]For lunch, we're fixing some breaded hot wings - marinated for about 5 hours in milk, egg and a little tobascco sauce. Added the breading and now they're waiting in the freezer for 11:30 to arrive.[p]Life is GOOD! :~}
[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• GrumpaGrumpa Posts: 861
    Gordon,[p]Some people just have it made and you are one of them for sure.[p]Looks and sounds great! [p]I still enjoy your website and find it extremely useful...especially memphis rub ribs :~)

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,494
    Life is good, indeed, Gfw,
    The grub looks great! Getting ready to put on some lunchtime sausage.[p]Just picked up two briskets. They were on sale (at a rare price around here) for $1.59/lb for Angus Choice. I picked up the two that looked best. One of the monsters was nearly 17 pounds. Biggest I ever saw. (for those in the DC area, Magreuders has them on sale).[p]Enjoy the wings, butt and weekend!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Nature Boy,[p]On sale my foot....I'm coming to your house and help you eat yours :~)[p]
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,494
    Bob,
    Come on! Any time, pal.
    Hope all is well.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Nature Boy,[p]Just getting by, but getting better too. [p]Best holiday wishes to you and the family.[p]Bob

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Lunch2.jpg
    <p />The butt is on the BGE and the wigs are gone. Everytime I do the wings, and I do them frequently, I bow to the east - facing Michigan - and say "Thanks ChefRD!" :~}
  • ChefRDChefRD Posts: 438
    Gfw, Gordon, you're certainly welcome!! :) I've learned so much more here and from sites like yours and Tim's that I can never repay, so I am glad you like it because thats what this is all about. Good friends sharing. Theres a LOT of talent on this board and we all benefit from it.
    So heres hoping all of you a very merry xmas, and a better new year!!
    Keep 'em smokin'
    ChefRD.