Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Think I need a small

Options
Smokin' Wolverine
Smokin' Wolverine Posts: 165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was at the Michigan and Minnesota game on Saturday, and I realize I NEED an egg to bring tailgating. I was wondering how much food can you fit on a small or is a medium the way I should go? I have a large now but I don't want to move it from it's home.[p]Thanks in advance and GO BLUE

Comments

• Smokin' Wolverine,
    i bring it to the pats games once in a while. three or four steaks fit well enough. usually i'm reheating ABTs before that, chili, the steaks, then maybe brownies after. do it course by course and you can eat all day.

• looks like i have steaks on the brain. hahaha[p]"steak" is probably a better handle than "stike" anyway

• Smokin' Wolverine,[p]Unless you have some serious muscle to assist, I'd forget about the Medium... hernia time![p]The Small is... what...? half the weight?[p]I have both a Medium and a Small -- and I can tell you right fast which I'd rather have to move![p]And the small is no kids' toy. It Be a Lean Green Grillin' machine![p]~ Broc

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Broc, just across the Muddy Mo from Omaha,
    i actually hurt my back moving the small. it isn't "heavy" necessarily, but it's more a case of awkwardness. now i hoist up on my shoulder. carrying it like a baby threw my back out.[p]i think the medium would do more damage, a little lower, like you said!

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • mr.b
    mr.b Posts: 75
    Options
    Smokin' Wolverine, my brother called me too late in the afternoon to say he came across 2 tickets for the game so i missed out on that one. i am a u of m alum but i really don`t get an opportunity to go to many games anymore. i have an xl and was going to get a medium for company and smaller cooks when an old friend of my wife was talking to her at a store one day and bge`s came up. she had a small that she hadn`t used in years cause she thought it was too small. she likes her charcoal webber better. go figure. so she gave it to me for almost nothing. i have had it for a couple of months now and it seems to be plenty for smaller cooks. it can fit 4-5 strip steaks, five burgers, a 7 qt dutch oven, 12-18 abt`s etc. etc. so at this point i don`t need a medium although i still might want one some day. and it is portable enough to carry without taking it a part for tailgating if you so desire. go blue!