Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping SSN686

Spring Hen
Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Jay, I'm making your shrimp burgers today and I have a question..in Atlanta did you use cilantro or parsley?
Judy "hoping they are as good as Jay's" Hen

Judy
Covington, Louisiana USA

Comments

• olive2007eggtober2.jpg
    <p />Spring Hen,
    i knew i shoulda tried those[p]Rick's *i got a pic of that* Tropical Delight

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Rick's Tropical Delight, they were out of this world - as usual with Jay and Kathy. Be sure you get some next time they make them but stand right beside Jay because they go really fast.

Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Spring Hen,
    i didn't want to be forward... kinda shy like that. it's hard enough for me to take photos of people i don't know. that's why food is the perfect subject for my photography, because it doesn't seem to care.[p]plus i was at my recommended daily calorie intake already! *wink*

• Jay,
    Im also making your shrimp burgers today. Well, a modified version anyway as the market near home didnt have all the ingredients. I'll post later...
    Ok as I dont have a food processor I used a blender and of course it seems like I over mixed it. It's more of a paste.
    Do you think all can be well if I just put it in the egg spread as is, then slice when done?
    Thanx!
    ST

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Spring Hen:[p]In Atlanta I used Cilantro. Hope they turn out (I'm sure they will).[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Morning ST:[p]I hope you remembered to only process(blend) half of the shrimp and the other half is coarsely chopped???? The half that is processed will be sort of a paste, but when mixed with the Panko crumbs, the parsley (cilantro) and other half of the shrimp you can make a nice "burger". HTH[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    SSN686,
    Actually I had to use plain crumbs as the asian section there was tiny. And no I processed all the shrimp with all the ingredients.
    This whole smoke-free life is making me miss important details!
    So basically it's spread and in the fridge.
    Wadda ya think?
    ST

• SSN686
    Morning Rick's Tropical Delight:[p]Don't ever be hesitant about coming up and asking for a sample of whatever is being served! That's why we are cooking it, for people to sample.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686
    Morning Smokin' Todd:[p]Go buy more shrimp! LOL
    Hopefully it will still workout if you can form the "paste" into "burgers". (next time make sure you read the directions....)[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    SSN686,
    They make double cheeseburgers, why not just double shrimp burgers. Just 1 pattie. Good idea.
    I think I'm trying Crab Imperial tonight.[p]Mike

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    SSN686, I no nothing of these shrimp burgers. Recipie not listed, could you post it please.
    Thanx, Molly

Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • SSN686
    Morning cookn biker:[p]A recipe found on the Food Network and modified slightly. The link below will take you to my recipe page with the ShrimpBurger recipe on the bottom right.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

[ul][li]Recipes[/ul]

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SSN686,
    thank you sir. i just might have to try those myself here this fine holiday season

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    SSN686,
    I tried:). Trying to do to many things at once.
    I'll post results, but not as your complete recipe...wouldnt want folks to be discouraged. LOL!
    ST

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Smokin' Todd,
    If it won't stay together, at least you have invented a new nacho dip!Haha. Great talking with you earlier. Sorry I was so sleepy!