Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am doing som baby backs today. I have done them before and looking around for some ideas. I see some discussion of using the 3-2-1 method. What are people refering too?

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Bob in Tampa,[p]As I posted yesterday:[p]Here is how I do the 3-1-1.[p]Prep your ribs by trimming, removing the membrane, then apply a light smearing of yellow mustard and then apply your favorite rub. I generally do this right as a light my fire. Some do this the night before. Light your fire and let it stabilize at 250*. Place the ribs on the grid bone side down (curve up) and cook indirect at 250 dome, which will be 220-230 grid temp, for 3 hours. No peeking, no turning. Then remove the ribs and wrap them in aluminum foil and spray with apple juice, beer, or some other liquid. Not a lot, just a few ounces. Seal the foil and put them back on the grid for another hour, still at 250.[p]After that hour, remove the ribs from the foil - there may be some steam when opening so be careful. Put them back on the grid and bump the temp to 275. Apply a layer of your favorite BBQ sauce on both sides and let go another 45-60 minutes. The bone ends will be exposed and the ribs should be super tender by the end of the 5th hour.[p]To use this method with spare ribs, I adjust the cooking times to 3.5-1.5-1 for a total 6 hour cook. Everything else remains the same.
  • Fidel,
    Thanks I better get stated if I want to eat those for the Bucs game this evening.

• Pres
    Pres Posts: 1
    Options
    Bob in Tampa,
    I'll be over right after the game. If Jax blows us out it may be half-time!![p]Pres in Valrico