Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

First Brisket - Small BGE

NewbieNewbie Posts: 33
edited 4:55AM in EggHead Forum
New to egging, having inherited a small from a relative. Have already cooked a boston butt w/ great success. Picking up an untrimmed brisket this evening for the weekend (@10.5 lbs according to butcher). Am concerned about how this will fit in a small. Should I plan on cutting it in half? Thinking that I should halve it and cure the uncooked piece for a pastrami cook next weekend. If I do this, which piece should I 'Q' and which should I cure/pastrami? i.e. flat or point?[p]Any advice about this or the cook in general appreciated.[p]Thanks in advance for your help.[p]

Comments

• RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Newbie,
    Yes, cut it in half. It is simply a matter of real estate. [p]As for which to Q and which to Cure, I would Q the Flat and Cure the Point. But that is just my opinion.[p]Hope this Helps,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• NewbieNewbie Posts: 33
    Yes. I was thinking along the same lines. That's what I'll do. Thanks for you input.