Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Miss Alyce's Baked Apples

Options
mr toad
mr toad Posts: 780
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Miss Alyce's Baked Apples

cooked at 2004/5/6/7 eggtoberfests
[p]1 can 6lb. 8oz. White House Sliced Apples
1 stick real butter
2 tbs ground cinnamon
2 tbs whole cloves
1 tbs nutmeg
2 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
3/4 cups raisins - dark
3/4 cups raisins - golden
2 cups Ocean Spray - Craisins - cranberries
2 cups walnuts or pecans
1 cup dark rum or apple brandy

cook/smoke in a 7qt. dutch oven - 1 and 1/2 hours - add nuts during last 15 minutes of the cook - and rum, light, and serve

Cooking Tips
variations: pecans instead of walnuts or both - add other fruit, pears or cherries for example - chardonnay or apple brandy instead of rum - chopped ginger is a nice addition - dark (grade b) maple syrup instead of the brown sugar - all is according to taste [p]Enjoy - Alyce

See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                    Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large

Comments

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    mr toad,[p]A great recipe with some nice variations.[p]Mr Toad, my email has been down so I haven't been able to return your email. The whole wheat pizza is a very good pizza. We have made it many times and it is well worth the effort. We do tend to prefer a 50/50 mix of whole wheat and bread flour. Just our personal preference. I do recommend trying the whole wheat idea.[p]Spin
  • Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    Rodney,
    Good to see you and Alyce at the fest! The Wise One sent me the recipe. I look forward to receiving the apron, and thanks for the invite to come to Valdeese. Need the recipe you made and you asked me if I thought it was as good as Mr. Toad!
    Mitch