Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest '07 Hangover

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sorry I did not make the festivities this year. Last year was EGGtastic!![p]So I had to create a little diversion to recover from a quiet evening last couple of nights![p]Chicken, Pieces, Tandoori, Richard Fl

[p]INGREDIENTS:
20-30 Pieces Chicken, Skin on of off, your choice
2-3 Cups PLAIN Yogurt
4-6 Tbs Tandoori Paste, PATAK'S Spicy Ginger & Garlic, Marinade & Grill Sauce

Procedure:
Marinade:
1 Take the chicken pieces and score deep cuts into the meat to allow the tandoori marinade to penetrate the meat.
2 Mix the yogurt and tandoori paste together, about 2 parts yogurt and 1 part tandoori sauce, and spoon into the cuts and all over. Place in a non-reactive container, I used a gallon ziploc bag.
3 Place in refrigerator 8 hours, overnight is OK but not longer. Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking and let come to room temperature.
Cooking:
1 Set large BGE up indirect, plate setter legs up, got BGE to 400°F w/ apple wood for smoke, and placed the chicken in the BGE. Had 2 full size grills with the chicken layed out over the aluminum mesh from Wally World. Keeps things from falling down.
2 Temperature dropped to 250°F, due to mass of cold meat. Got back to 400°F and let cook for 45 minutes.
3 After 45 minutes removed the indirect set-up and cooked all on one grill another 25 minutes direct at 350°F. Pulled when the breasts reached 160°F and the thighs/drumsticks 170°F.
4 Served with split red lentil soup and french fries with curry sauce. Yes, Curry Sauce, not bad.

Yield: 6-8 Servings
Cooking time: 1 hour and 20 minutes

Recipe Type
Main Dish, Poultry

Recipe Source
Source: BGE Forum, Richard FL, 10/21/07

lonely