Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Eggtoberfest impressions

Options
EmandM'sDad
EmandM'sDad Posts: 648
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just arrived home after leaving At 5:00AM. Had plenty of time to come up with impressions from yesterday:[p]1..Spring Chicken and Spring Hen must easily be the 2 nicest people in the whole world. But the same goes for AZRP and Kim, Egret and Joan, Wess and Sally, Hayhonker(who never stopped smiling), Big'un and family , KCheryl, TJV, And Chubby and Ann.[p]2.. Together, Celtic Wolf, Max, And Wise One know everybody in the entire world.. Well, at least the egg world.[p]3.. RTD's food looks and tastes as good in person as his photos. Great guy, too![p]4..TRex is way to humble to be the forum superstar that he is.[p]5.. You can get really stuffed eating a little bit at a time if you do it long enough.[p]6.. Cheryl makes a awesome Canadian bacon![p]7.and last but not least... SPAWN'S BROWNIES ROCK!!![p]Enough said..... can't wait til next year. My wife says she won't miss that one![p]Mike[p]

Comments

• HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    EmandMs'Dad,
    I agree. It was my ferst fest. I had a great time and met a lot of fellow eggers.

• EmandM'sDad
    Options
    HungryMan,
    And the Aprons came out great!

• HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    EmandMs'Dad,
    Had fun doing it. We will start thinking of something for next year.

• CNL
    CNL Posts: 96
    Options
    EmandMs'Dad,
    My first fest also. Great time, graet folks, better than great food. Myself and the family will definately return. I brought my 4 yr old and she had a blast with all the attention she got from the cooks.

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    That is so sweet of you to say that about us. It's easy to be nice when you are with nice people. We enjoyed being with you also. One of the things Leroy and I have always said is that Eggheads have a commaraderie beyond compare. It just keeps getting deeper and stronger. Happy Egging.....
    Judy

Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Poodlemom
    Options
    EmandMs'Dad,
    I'll second everything. What a great weekend!!!
    Lisa

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    EmandMs'Dad,
    I liked the way you were able to sum it all up. I can't believe how nice and kind everyone was. My wife,My kids, and myself, even my mom, now have such a great memory. Classy people all the way, and I don't mean "pinky in the air" classy, I'm talking arm around the shoulder, "we're here in this together to have fun and fellowship" class. Astute observations, my friend. Your name should be included in number one!

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    EmandMs'Dad,[p] I am sure there is one or two people we don't know.. However, I will agree with number one and seven. :)[p]I didn't get to experience 3 - 6 cause I was too busy greeting all the egggers in the world :D[p]Now 7 is the hands down winner..[p] [p]
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    Options
    EmandMs'Dad,
    It was great sharing a table with you. Sorry you couldn't try Randy's spicy shrimp. Looking forward to the next fest.[p]Kim

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Very nice words, Mike. It was a real pleasure cooking with you yesterday. We opened your "package' and are very thankful for this! I'm going to post a pic tomorrow with the proper salutations for this most generous gift! Glad you're home safe......

• KS Cheryl
    Options
    EmandMs'Dad,[p]Wow, Thanks for the complement. I'm glad you liked it. It felt really good when my nephew (Lowrodz) told me that someone on the forum mentioned my Canadian bacon. It was great hanging out together. I'll try to be back again next year. Cheryl
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    Options
    Big'un,
    It was so great to see your boys right there helping you. Shucks...I actually think they knew what they were doing...
    Didn't get the opportunity to meet your wife....next year.
    Great sharing the tents with you .[p]Kim[p]P1010633Small.jpg

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    EmandMs'Dad,[p]You are too kind. Thanks so much and hope to see you again next year![p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning EmandMs'Dad:[p]It was pleasure meeting you and sharing the table (not to mention enjoying your cooking). See you again next year.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• EmandMs'Dad,
    hey thanks, mon![p]you must not have gotten any of the third batch of bananas foster because i burnt the brown sugar when i got distracted. people ate it anyway. sorry bout that whoever got some of that.