Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CornBread

Beast
Beast Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm in search of a killed cornbread recipe i have a supervisor (not mine) at work that wants me to cook him some cornbread on the egg and i have been searching for the kind of recipe that would make you come back for more that mouth watering jaw dropping or that WOW effect.. ( the kind that make you say when are you going to make some more of that!!!!) any and all comments and or suggestions are welcomed * NOTE* he has been asking me to make him some for about 3 weeks now i told him that i am working on it thanks in advance
Beast

Comments

• Beast ,[p]Here is one that might help![p]Cornbread, Swamp Venom BBQ, Squeeze
    [p]Ingredients
    1 Tbs butter, for greasing the pan (can use Pam too), plus 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
    3/4 lb left over BBQ pork
    1 1/2 cups white sugar
    6 eggs
    1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
    1 1/2 (15-ounce) cans cream-style corn
    small can chopped green chile peppers
    1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (Recommended: combination Monterey Jack and Cheddar)
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
    2 Tbs baking powder
    pinch salt
    Topping:
    6 Tbs butter
    3 Tbs your favorite bbq sauce
    2 1/2 Tbs of Dizzy Pig Swamp Venom Rub

Procedure
    1 Preheat egg to 325 degrees F., set up indirect with either a pizza stone or platesetter
    2 Lightly butter a deep 9 by 13-inch baking dish.
    3 Shred left over BBQ into fine pieces and set aside.
    4 In a large bowl, stir together the butter, milk, and sugar. Beat in the eggs, until well incorporated. Add the creamed corn, chiles, cheese, and shredded BBQ and stir until well incorporated.
    5 In a separate bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to corn mixture; stir until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
    6 Bake in preheated egg for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until golden brown and until a toothpick inserted into center of the pan comes out clean. (the time will vary, use the toothpick method for a sure bet)
    7 Topping:
    8 Combine butter, bbq sauce and rub and melt in microwave. Brush over cornbread and place back in egg for a few minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm. It's ok to break up pieces and serve in a small bowl.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Bread

Recipe Source
    Author: Kevin Jacques, AKA "Squeeze"[p]Source: BGE Eggtoberfest '04, Squeeze

[p]

• Beast
    Beast Posts: 78
    Richard Fl,
    Thanks for this recipe i'll give it a try and i'll let you know how it went

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Beast ,[p]Celtic Wolf has a recipe that is great. His recipe is in the Florida Eggfest cookbook posted on www.wessb.com.
  • Haggis,[p]This one is great also! hehe[p]Cornbread
    [p]Ingredients :
    1 1/2 cups plain Cornmeal (not cornmeal mix or self-rising)
    1/2 cup Flour
    1 Tbs Baking Powder, preferably Rumford
    3/4 tsp Salt
    1/2 cup Sugar (I use Splenda) Use less if you want it less sweet.
    3/4 cup Milk
    3/4 cup Sweet Buttermilk
    1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
    2 large Eggs

Preparation :
    1 Preheat Egg to 400 degrees.
    2 Preheat Dutch Oven or a square baking dish in Egg.
    3 Blend dry ingredients in large bowl. Blend milk, oil, and eggs, and add to
    4 dry ingredients. Blend till all is combined.
    5 Use a small amount of Crisco or bacon grease (say about 1/4 tsp or so) into
    6 dutch oven or baking pan, brushing it to cover all surfaces well. Place back
    7 in oven for a few minutes - you want these hot.
    8 Remove pan from egg and pour mixture into the hot dutch oven or pan.
    9 Bake (covered) until golden brown on the top, about 20-30 minutes.
    10 Fork should go in and out clean.

Recipe Type
    Bread

Recipe Source
    Author: Peter P. Benac (Celtic Wolf)[p]Source: BGE Florida Eggfest '07, Celtic Wolf

[p]

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Richard Fl,[p]naaah! Can't possibly be as good as the one I suggested . . .[p];>)
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Haggis,[p] Youse guys!!![p]