Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

more eggtoberfest pics

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well, it was another great fest .. .and as others have said, its the people the People, THE PEOPLE .. .. [p]it started out last night with the meet and greet. ..[p]does this guy look happy to be here or what?? ....in case you don't him this is the man behind some of the best pics any of us see on the forum, none other than rick's tropical delight!! . .[p]001.jpg[p]and here's chubby's chick, chubby and smokey .. . i think she was practicing her WWF headlock on chubby, but you never know with those two ...[p]005.jpg[p]AZRP and desert filly (randy and kim) ... . i love randy. . .whenever the spawn is torturing me, i go stand next to randy and somehow, i just feel better :-) [p]007.jpg[p]smoking todd, carolyn and sandra (jerky junkie girls) and hayhonker ... [p]009.jpg[p]here's chubby, explaining last year's short flight .. something about "if you get just the right amount of airflow over your arms, you can fly at an altitude of about 2 feet for a distance of about 3 feet" . . . isn't that about what the wright brothers did on their first flight?[p]010.jpg[p]terry and leah bente .. .as nice a couple as you're gonna meet. . and they had their beautiful new baby 'parker' with them ..[p]011.jpg[p]wessb and drbbq. ... lots of eggin sperience with these two!! . [p]013.jpg[p]this morning .. ..bunch of us met up at the waffle house for breakfast .... tried to get lawn ranger on the phone to pay the bill again this year, but he wasn't answering his phone at 6am!! ... .so tjv picked up the tab. ..i don't care what they say, some of those texas guys are OK with me!! ... btw, looks like chubby, wise one, tjv and squeeze are still working on chubby's flight aerodynamics .. .it was also the Spawns first time at the waffle house...she was a little nervous, but in the end, ordered more than anyone else...[p]016.jpg[p]spawn and i had a blast hanging out on the back lot with team alaska and the texans and others. . ..[p]018.jpg[p]the youngest egger there had to be parker bente ... all of 2 weeks old ....she's a cutie!!!![p]020.jpg[p]here's squeeze with his 5 foot steak and cheese!! after this and last year's 10 pound burger, lord only knows what he'll come up with for next year .. .but he's a thinkerer, and he'll come up with something[p]022.jpg[p]RTD with his bananas foster. .. these things were OUTRAGEOUS!! (and what is with that grin?!?!?! ... looks like he just pulled one over on his parole officer... but he's a great guy and we had a lot of fun today!![p]023.jpg[p]dhuff and RTD and me ... .handsome threesome if i do say so !! [p]025.jpg[p]TEAM ALASKA - we missed you melissa and cho, but we did ok and had a good time (see the alaskan flag behind me)!![p]026.jpg[p]wessb and wise one down in the woods. ..hmmm, what do you suppose they were up to!![p]027.jpg[p]the pipsqueak ... errr, grapeboy. ... errrr egret ....don't know what is with all that grape juice, ..maybe he's gonna turn it into wine or somethin ... [p]029.jpg[p]at the end of the day, we had had a great time, met lots of new people, and ate some great food!!! . .. .almost time for the afterparty!![p]030.jpg

Comments

• Georgie
    Georgie Posts: 51
    Options
    mad max and the spawn,
    Thanks for the pics - looks like a great time! I almost feel like I was there! :)

• mad max and the spawn,
    dooh! we could pee in the woods!? nobody told me that![p]what a great time that was! off to the after party... if i can find it.[p]thanks big green egg

• Grandpas Grub
    Options
    mad max and the spawn,[p]Thanks for the pictures it sure is nice.[p]Wessb & wiseone... someone was saynig that picture was after the tee off on the 7th hole.[p]Possible looking for something to cook.[p]Safe trip home to all, Kent[p]
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    mad max and the spawn,[p]Nice pics! Max - thanks for trying to find my daughters to share some of the spawn's first brownie batch. Unfortunately they were both off to their basketball game. I got a nice sized sample of a later batch, but somehow it didn't make it all the way home to share.[p]Roudy

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    mad max and the spawn,
    Almost like I was there, but with more sleep.[p]BuddyLawn

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    mad max and the spawn,
    hey max like i told you earlier "Man that's a GREAT picture of my wife's breast"!!!! haha too funny i am too tired to start loading pictures after 18 bags of lump and 20 lbs of hamburger that i foodsavered. so i will post some after the "Lake Estate" event![p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    BENTE,[p]You foodsaver your lump? Man, that's dedication.[p]Kidding.[p]Great time chatting with you today TB
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Fidel,
    you too!!![p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• JD McGee
    JD McGee Posts: 250
    Options
    mad max and the spawn,[p]Great pics...thanks for sharing. Looks like the weather was great as well...what WERE those guys doing in the woods? LOL![p]JD
    Wine Country "Q" Competition BBQ Team Pacific Northwest BBQ Association's 2011 "Team Of The Year" www.winecountryq.com
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    mad max and the spawn,
    Those are great shots, Max. That grape juice was so appreciated! Joan and I were overwhelmed with this outpouring of generosity from all our special, good, BGE friends. Glad you and Sidney are home safe.......

• Jerky Junkie
    Options
    mad max and the spawn,
    It was so good to see the two of you again. I always enjoy seeing the father/daughter team cook together. That's awesome!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'll definitely see you in Waldorf. And you are right - - The people!!!! Great folks!!
    Sandra