Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mr. Toad's Pork Loin

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone tried this recipe? It looks delicious. If you have tried it how long does it take to cook it? I tried to send an e-mail to Mr. Toad but it wouldn't go through. Thanks

Comments

• Rich
    Rich Posts: 67
    Options
    Don,
    It was great. Certainly worth trying. Even my teenagers liked it. I can't remember how long it took - maybe an hour or two.
    Rich

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    Don,
    yes, SEVERAL times and if you're in a location where you have a health food store or the likes figure out what combo of dried fruits (which return to life) that you and your family like and sandwich those in there. Don't forget the bacon and one last comment...this can be one of the most "visual" presentations you make off your BGE to show family and friends what a "Master Chef" you have become! Good luck!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Big Murth
    Options
    Don,
    Did it pretty much per the recipe. Absolutely fabulous.
    don't sweat the filling. Feel free to improvise. My only problem was finding that I couldn't find butcher's twine to cinch itall up....but I had some old twine on the work bench that did the job. It is an Egg thing, after all.
    Good luck and happy eating.
    Big Murth

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Don,
    I agree with the others, but I would suggest one more wrinkle. Brine the loin for 6-8 hours before opening and filling. The cooking time is usually around 1 hour to an internal temp of 140-145. Have fun, Marvin

• Trout Bum
    Options
    Don,
    I've done it a couple of times. Just follow the recipe and it'll come put purrrfect!
    B D