Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Moving home into storage by movers, how to move/store/transport the egg?

truhokietruhokie Posts: 17
edited 12:25PM in EggHead Forum
We are having movers come tomorrow to move us out of our existing house in Falls Church and they are storing our stuff until we can find a place in Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads.[p]Should I take the top and band off the Egg to allow easier handling and decrease the risk of breaking or mishandling? It is down in a table now and I don't want the movers screwing things up trying to get it out. Of course, the table is on wheels, so I could just roll it onto the truck. [p]Any ideas are welcome.

Comments

• eggfooteggfoot Posts: 138
    truhokie, if it is in the table and the table is built strong then i would leave it in the table. you might want to strap the lid down so it does not bounce around duiring transport. I haul my eggs around ALL of the time without problem. I often have the egg going in the back of the truck while I am moving and have never broke any part of the egg. I have done this at least 40 times with no problems. It would not hurt however to seperate the inside components with some padding just to be safe.

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    omh2.jpg
    <p />Eggfoot,
    omh1.jpg[p]Have a safe and good trip.[p]Mike