Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mr. Toad's Pork Loin

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just put a Mr.T's loin on the egg. Stuffed some peach preserves, dried apricots,prunes, and apples, and cashews between the layers. One good chunk apple wood in the coals. Shooting for 300° cook, and 140° internal. First time I have tried such francy cookin'. I know it will be good. Any estimates of how long this will take to reach the 140° internal temp?

Comments

• shiek, I just egged a Mr. Toad's pork loin a few weeks ago. Delicious. Don't recall how long it was on the Egg, but do remember that it got a little over-cooked and slightly dried out. My fault, of course. Somehow the cooking temperature got away from me, going from 128 degrees then inexplicably shooting up to 155 about 7 or 8 minutes later. I wasn't watching it carefully, I guess. Didn't have a polder then. Do now, and highly recommend your using one. Good luck. It's a great recipe.

• Shiek. Correction: internal temp, not cooking temp. Sorry.[p]
  • Jerr,
    I have the polder, was just trying to get an idea of the time so I can co-ordinate the other dishes to be done with the roast. Thanks for the advice on internal.