Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

When you know you are a die-hard Egger...

Options
Dover_Gal
Dover_Gal Posts: 116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When you cook your breakfast sausage on the Egg because it wouldn't taste so good in a fry pan. We did wheat-free buttermilk pancakes (Bob's Red Mill mix) and local Amish sage sausage on the egg.

Comments

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    dover_gal,[p]I think we can all understand that.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    dover_gal,
    Breakfast on the Egg is fun and very tasty. I cooked some shake in the bottle pancakes, a slice of turkey bacon and an egg on my cast iron griddle (while I was on a diet) and it was at least twice as tasty as done on the stove.[p]PancakesEggandbaconongriddle.jpg[p]I also make some pretty good biscuits using the plate setter and pizza stone. But I did these in a cast iron skillet on the Egg.[p]346593B4447Ffp633Dot3E23273D83A43D9.jpg[p]The Egg has no limits.[p]Spring "Breakfast Is Now Being Served" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Spring Chicken,[p]Now that is one edible "GREEN EGG"!!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    nice looking breakfast and also nice looking gasket there!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Hi Richard,[p]I had steak for dinner but ever since I posted the breakfast photo I've been want'n some eggs, bacon and pancakes. Food photos must turn me on or something LOL...[p]Spring "I Came First And Brought The Egg With Me" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    RRP,
    Thanks. Here's another breakfast photo. I know it looks like grease but it's really Pam spray and turkey bacon and sausage.[p]BaconEggSausageonGriddle.jpg[p]Funny you should mention the gasket. Notice the dark area on the bottom right of the photo. That's where I was having my leak problem. And it obviously keep leaking after I installed the fiberglas gasket.[p]A few months later it just peeling off completely so I replaced it with felt, but not before taking my belt sander and "truing" the lower rim. I checked it first with a 3/4" piece of MDF plywood and discovered that the area had both a dip and a hump totaling about a quarter inch. It took a while but I got it close enough to keep me from cuss'n so much. Then I installed the felt gasket. Been there ever since. It still doesn't pass the dollar bill test but works a lot better.[p]Spring "A Good Gasket Is A Good Thing" Chicken

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Leroy - I still haven't used my griddle that you sent me! It has been pouring down rain so I've only egged once since I've been home.[p]I guess the outdoor kitchen needs to move up the To Do list!! :)
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    Just be patient and one day the rain will be gone. Then you can catch up. Until then you'll just have to use that contraption in the kitchen. [p]Ahhhh, the griddle... I think it was factory seasoned, but I would do it again. [p]As for the outdoor kitchen... YES, that needs to be a high priority. Not only will you be able to enjoy it but if I win the Lottery I'll be packing my bags. It sure would be nice if I had an outdoor kitchen to work in when I get there LOL. It's really going to look good with snow on the roof and smoke coming from both Eggs inside.[p]Hummmm??? Am I gonna have to build it for you? I'll pack my hammer and tool belt. I suppose you could use an umbrella until then. I did it that way for years rather than go without a hot Egg. Not a lot of fun when doing overnight cooks during monsoon season.[p]My Sweetie is already packed for Atlanta. I guess I can throw some things together Thursday night. I know you won't be there in person but you will be in the hearts and minds of a lot of folks. [p]Say goodnight Leroy.[p]Spring "Apparently My Sleep Number Is Wrong" Chicken