Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

"Super Buzzard" Turkey Recipe - Red Wine?

edited 12:12AM in EggHead Forum
I am planning on using the "Super Buzzard" recipe that is on the website for my turkey this year. Can pouring red wine over the bird burn the turkey? I usually just sprinkle green egg seasoning over bird and am hesitant to change with so much family in town for Thanksgiving.
·

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    RDH,[p]The skin of a "Super Buzzard" cook tends to brown nicely with even no oil or fat rubbed over the skin. Wine will do little to change the skin during the cook. I use just a sprinkle of fresh cracked pepper.[p]When the championship belt is on the line, stick with the tried and true, experimenting to improve later. Add the red wine to the drip pan for the aromatics.[p]Spin
    ·