Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Still more turkey talk...how about butterflied?

Options
Kevin D
Kevin D Posts: 60
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello All,[p]I'm thinking of trying something different with the 16lb butterball this year. There is no pressure because we are not having company this year. Have any of you tried a butterflied turkey? Since the chicken results are so good, I'm thinking that turkey could work. My best guestimate is 300* direct for about 3 hours. I'll probably have to get out the reciprocating saw to cut out the backbone. If successful, I'll post pictures.[p]Kevin

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Kevin D.,
    Here is one you can try...Cathy is a great cook.
    Larry

[ul][li]Butterfield Turkey[/ul]
  • Kevin D.,[p]Actualy, we all want to see the pictures if you're are UNsuccessful too. Heck, maybe more so! <g>[p]I was thinking the same thing the other day, but I'm responsible for the buzzard that will feed about 12, so I can't play with it too much.[p]I'll have to spatchcock vicariously through you this year if you don't mind...[p]Seriously, I'd love to see how it turns out.[p]bc