Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pig Candy

DynaGreaseballDynaGreaseball Posts: 361
edited 6:36PM in EggHead Forum
Couple weeks ago someone posted some dynomite pictures and the recipe for pig candy. Now is cant find it. Where's that recipe? Isn't it just bacon and brown sugar?

Comments

• JeevesJeeves Posts: 461
    DynaGreaseball,[p]
    At yer service[p]-Jeeves

[ul][li]TNW[/ul]
  • Jeeves,[p]Thanks, my friend. That's it. Thinking about wrapping ABT's with Candy bacon. Whatdyathink?
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    dsc01600bL.jpg
    <p />DynaGreaseball,[p]That's pretty much it, some cayenne is mixed in for good measure. Here is how I do them.[p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Pig Candy[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    DynaGreaseball,
    I try to save a few slices for hamburgers. Chop up with onions/worchestershire/KC Masterpiece. I'm sure it would work if not to crispy.
    Mike

• Car Wash Mike,[p]Guess I'd have a temperature issue as well. I think ABT's are cooked at around 400°. Can't remember the high temp limitation for sugar based rubs...but it might be fun to experiment with.
  • JeevesJeeves Posts: 461
    DynaGreaseball,[p]Well, I'm still working on ABT's. I would try some with and without the sugar. I think the sweetness of the sugar (why it's called candy) would conflict with the taste of the ABT, which is why I would try some with the cayenne only.[p]Give it a shot and let me know - I like hot, spicy food - blackened, peppered, etc...[p]
    Let me know how it goes![p]-Jeeves

• StretchStretch Posts: 18
    thirdeye,[p]I love the "To Your Health" headline on the newspaper, which is picture above the sugary, fatty pork. No accident, I'm sure.
  • Jeeves,[p]Thanks. I didn't use much cayenne, but I did put some freshly ground black pepper on them to take some of the edge off the sweetness. I put pecan rub on there as well. The shiny stuff isn't grease, it's a sticky candy/glaze from the melted brown sugar.[p]DSCN3067.jpg[p]I'm hooked![p]