Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Protecting the wings from burning?

Hi all,[p]How do you protect the wings from burning? When would you put foil over them?[p]Thanks!
Susan :o)

• GordoGordo Posts: 23
    Susan Spuhler,
    Foil works well on the wings and breast towards the end. I have also started wrapping a 6"x8" piece of cardboard with foils and placing that between the bird and grate because I always seemed to burn the bottom before the whole bird was done.

• WardsterWardster Posts: 681
    I did mine indirect and wish the bottom would have gotten a little more heat. As stated before, I had a faulty thermometer and my wings were petrified. Still a tasty bird....

• Wardster,[p]I always tuck the ends of the wings under the breast. Works every time.