Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Flatiron steak

Lizard DraggerLizard Dragger Posts: 99
edited 11:30PM in EggHead Forum
I used T-rex's method he posted the other day and cooked my 1st flatiron steak on my large. The steak was almost 2lbs and I seared it on both sides 650-700 degrees for 4 minutes each, tented under foil and rested 8 minutes and sliced, absolutely wonderful! This is becoming my favorite cut along with Tri-tip. No pics, if I had gone to get the camera my teenage sons would have left me with an empty plate to photograph.

Comments

• CoffeeBGE0003.jpg
    <p />LizardDragger,[p]I did those tonight and was going to post photos. I'll post them under your thread. I'm sure yours looked just like mine :)[p]4 minutes a side at 650 direct, wrapped and rested 10 minutes.
    Man were they ever good!!![p][p]
    Gary

[ul][li]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/Luscombe1940/CoffeeBGE0001.jpg[/ul]
  • HaggisHaggis Posts: 998
    LizardDragger,[p]Wow! Two pounds is a very big flatiron! The ones I've seen rarely exceed 1.5 pounds and most are closer to one pound.
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Haggis,[p]Really? I pretty regularly see them in the 2-2.5 pound range at Kroger in the black packaging.[p]The smaller ones are better IMO. Less sinew and more tender.