Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Friday Lunch... Pork two ways ;)

Pace YourselfPace Yourself Posts: 42
edited 5:31PM in EggHead Forum
Hey Gang,[p]I found myself with a little time and some great leftovers at lunch time today so I decided to play around with a sandwich. I had just smoked a fatty last night (Bob Evan's Sage with DP Swamp Venom) and had some PP in the fridge from last weekend. (All of the sudden I seem to have PP on hand at all times - I am assuming I am not the only one...)[p]I sliced down a few ounces of the fatty (pretty thin) and sprinkled some DP Dizzy Dust on them. I grabbed a few handfuls of PP and did the same. Then I put them both in a pan on the stove over low heat. For liquid I went with a "contrast in Chipotle" (oh the things we learn from TV....). Basically I had a number of different sauces in the fridge with chipotle in them and decided to mix it up.[p]Once it got warmed up I added a few ounces of shredded motz to bind it together. Another few seconds in the pan and then right to some soft white bread. I then sauced the top piece of bread with the Stubbs (We really like Stubbs at our house - I can't explain it but even my kids agree on it.) put it on the pork and cheese goo and held it down with my hand for about 30 seconds. [p]It tasted great! The different textures of the pork really worked for me and the fatty really added a dimension of taste. Here are the pictures. It doesn't really look pretty (no tomatoes or herbs to add color) but it smelled and tasted great. I can see the menu item now – “A Contrast in Chipotle with Smoked Pork Two Ways ” hehehe[p]Happy Friday Gang![p]

100_1134.jpg[p]
100_1133.jpg[p]
100_1132.jpg[p]

·

Comments