Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin Temp

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am getting ready to cook a pork tenderloin and see that a lot of people on here say to pull it when the internal is at 140 - 145. Yet the USDA says pull at a minimum of 160 degrees. What temperature do I use to make sure I get a good tenderloin?

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Duffman,
    Go with the flow here! 145 degrees will give you a perfect cook.

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Duffman,[p]145 will be perfect. I pull at 142 or so and let it rise another 3-5* after it is pulled.[p]160 will risk drying it.
  • eggfoot
    eggfoot Posts: 138
    Tenderloin is my all time fav on the egg I think and I always tell people that if you are cooking for yourself that 145 is perfect temp to pull it. However if you are cooking for other people then I always cook it up to 160 but I cook it in a tinfoil canoe (not sealed) so I can retain the juice and pour it back onto the meat after i cut it up. Both ways come out real good.