Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Tenderloin Question ?

edited 11:02AM in EggHead Forum
EGGsperts;
Have an easy question for you Eggsperts out there....
GIVEN:
Brined pork tenderloin.
Indirect heat/drip pan.
Dome temp around 275-300 [p]QUESTION:
What should the internal meat temp be??
I want the pork done, but not dried out.[p]Thanks to all who reply.

·

Comments

• BBQfan1BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    GaryJ, I usually set my thermo's temp alarm for 147F. I did some for a family reunion where there are lots of elderly folks and kids, including my 87 yr old grandma and 3 yr old daughter; I bumped those ones up to 160F to be on safe side. Difference in moistness was noticeable between the lower and higher target temps.
    Qfan

·
  • BBQfan1,
    I will shoot for a 155 degree target.
    Thanks Qfan for getting me in the ballpark.[p]GaryJ

·
  • GaryJ, same principle for brining pork as with chicken. Brining makes for juicer meat, so the 160 mark will leave pork tender, juicy, and done.

·
  • K.O.C.,
    Well stated.
    Thanks for the input.[p]GaryJ

·
  • Pork is safe at 137 deg, so I take tenders off at 140-145. They are tender and juicy enough without saturating with brine.

·
  • George,
    Thanks for the info.[p]GaryJ

·
  • I cook one almost every week using the direct method. 160F internal is my favorite. Use Butt Rub or Lawry's plus one small hand full of your favorite wood chips.

·