Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini performs like a champ!

SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
edited 4:39AM in EggHead Forum
steak2-vi.jpg?1005762683
<p />Am home for lunch and the mini was pwefect for a little lunch!
·

Comments

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Smokey,
    I like my mini also but am still having trouble getting the temp. to 500°. No trouble with my large, over 700° no problem. My large does have the expanded metal grate, guess I have change the one in mini to see if it helps. Now, would you please send me a serving for lunch??????
    Nice Pic.
    New Bob

·
  • PujPuj Posts: 615
    Smokey,[p]Got to love the mini for some quick hits. Looks great.[p]Puj
    ·
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    New Bob,[p]I think its an air flow issue. I leasve the mini open until the steak goes on. My mini gets plenty <color = red>HOT!

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Smokey,
    That looks Great...Maybe I need to bring mini to my office with me.
    Larry

·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    YB,
    LOL...or just get a second mini to keep at work...that would probly put you one up on KennyG.......[p]Wess

·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Smokey,
    Yes, that's the camp I am in. When starting I leave the dome open till it's going good then close in and adjust temp. I wil try it with less lump and maybe I will get better air flow. Sometimes I use the large for one burger because it's faster in getting hot. Still like the mini and am working on a small.
    Happy Egg-n
    New Bob

·
  • chicken1.jpg
    <p />Smokey,
    I know the feelin'...ALWAYS a champ.
    Here's one from some time ago when I needed something quick for lunch...and great tasting as well!
    Chicken and some quick veggies.
    ST

·
    WessB,
    I had 2 mini eggs...I gave one to my brother-in-law so KennyG would quit crying.
    Larry

·
  • KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
    YB,[p]KennyG has a new dig-cam and will soon be posting links to mini movies on the forum. Just wait until you see me flipping those turkey burgers hehehe[p]K~G

·
    KennyG,
    I just got home from work...And guess what...UPS had left a box on my front porch...Another Toy...
    Larry

·
  • MACMAC Posts: 442
    YB,
    Come on Larry post some of those GRRR...ATE mini pictures. You have a nice set up. the mini is like th sports car of ceramic cookers. Quick and responsive.

·
    MAC,
    You my friend are a Hoot...I really look forward to meeting you in person one day.
    Larry

·