Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Mini performs like a champ!

SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
steak2-vi.jpg?1005762683
<p />Am home for lunch and the mini was pwefect for a little lunch!
·

Comments

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Smokey,
    I like my mini also but am still having trouble getting the temp. to 500°. No trouble with my large, over 700° no problem. My large does have the expanded metal grate, guess I have change the one in mini to see if it helps. Now, would you please send me a serving for lunch??????
    Nice Pic.
    New Bob

·
  • PujPuj Posts: 615
    Smokey,[p]Got to love the mini for some quick hits. Looks great.[p]Puj
    ·
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    New Bob,[p]I think its an air flow issue. I leasve the mini open until the steak goes on. My mini gets plenty <color = red>HOT!

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Smokey,
    That looks Great...Maybe I need to bring mini to my office with me.
    Larry

·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    YB,
    LOL...or just get a second mini to keep at work...that would probly put you one up on KennyG.......[p]Wess

·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Smokey,
    Yes, that's the camp I am in. When starting I leave the dome open till it's going good then close in and adjust temp. I wil try it with less lump and maybe I will get better air flow. Sometimes I use the large for one burger because it's faster in getting hot. Still like the mini and am working on a small.
    Happy Egg-n
    New Bob

·
  • chicken1.jpg
    <p />Smokey,
    I know the feelin'...ALWAYS a champ.
    Here's one from some time ago when I needed something quick for lunch...and great tasting as well!
    Chicken and some quick veggies.
    ST

·
    WessB,
    I had 2 mini eggs...I gave one to my brother-in-law so KennyG would quit crying.
    Larry

·
  • KennyGKennyG Posts: 949
    YB,[p]KennyG has a new dig-cam and will soon be posting links to mini movies on the forum. Just wait until you see me flipping those turkey burgers hehehe[p]K~G

·
    KennyG,
    I just got home from work...And guess what...UPS had left a box on my front porch...Another Toy...
    Larry

·
  • MACMAC Posts: 442
    YB,
    Come on Larry post some of those GRRR...ATE mini pictures. You have a nice set up. the mini is like th sports car of ceramic cookers. Quick and responsive.

·
    MAC,
    You my friend are a Hoot...I really look forward to meeting you in person one day.
    Larry

·