Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jerked chops

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Lets start off by stating that I haint neber used Jerk seasoning before....with that outta the way...I got some of them nice Costco 2" thick boneless loin chops..and I got this batch of Mrs. Dogs (Thanks Julie)Jerk marinade..one of her recipes says to cube the pork..I am going to marinade and cook them whole...I will follow her ingredients for the pork..marinade,lime juice, dark rum..LOL..she recommends the rum as often as her own product..gotta love that....anyway...the recommended marinade time is anywhere from 3-24 hours..again that was cubed...should I plan on marinading longer as I`m using whole chops..was thinking I would go 300°-350° direct and check internals to about 155°...anyone care to offer suggestions or do`s and donts....this will hopefully be cooked Weds. evening..we both like spicy food, however Sally doesn`t care for things quite as hot as I do..Rubs or no rubs, does it matter??...Thanks.[p]Wess

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    WessB
    Just do it the way you described, no rub necesssary, just Julies marinade recipe. The longer marinade time might help, but you'll enjoy it with a short marinade also. I just did chicken breasts with it the other night."eggsellent stuff" better than any dry jerks I've tried. She puts together an excellent product. She takes her business seriously, She travels quite a distance to locate quality ingredients.
    Enjoy---Painter