Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

pork loin marinade

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to marinade a pork loin and do it somewhat a la Mr. Toad. Have told AlexShark that I am in withdrawal and his kosher desires notwithstanding, I've GOTTA have a pork loin. He can eat out or pretend it is a turkey. Either way...what are some good things to marinade this baby in? The pork loin, not AlexShark. I'm a little out of practice here![p]MShark

Comments

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    MollyShark,[p]I marinaded one in soy sauce & vinegar that I really liked.[p]Regards,
    Jethro

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    MollyShark,
    Bourbon & brown sugar?
    Jerk, orange or lime juice, & rum? JCA

• mollyshark
    Options
    Both sound good. I'll see what I have around. It's just a baby loin (about 1.25 lb), so marinade should soak in pretty quick. Just depends if I drank all the bourbon (don't usually...but might have happened). I KNOW I didn't drink all the soy sauce![p]Thanks.[p]MShark
  • Charcoal Mike
    Options
    MollyShark,[p]I may get shot for suggesting something out of a bottle, but the "Stubbs" brand of Pork Marinade is delicious. Has a nice "bite" as well. [p]- Mike

• mollyshark
    Options
    Charcoal Mike,
    Will try that next round. Didn't locate bourbon around here, but did find a quarter bottle of some applejack. Mixed it with dark brown sugar and porky is now mulling it over in the fridge. GOnna head out in a while to find fig preserves and maybe some dried apricots. Not sure on the cashews. Never been a nut person. Umm...let's not carry that one too far! Thanks![p]mShark