Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoking a turkey

Has anyone ever smoked a 20lb or more turkey in a large egg? If so, please send info on cook time/temp....
·

Comments

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,913
    Melanie,
    'Bout the biggest I've done ois a 17 lb. bird on my large. I cooked him on the verticle roaster. I would imagine you could lay him down in a v-rack and do a 20lber.

·
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    Melanie,
    Puj did a 22 pounder last year at Eggtoberfest. I think he posted the recipe here.
    JimW

·
  • YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Melanie,
    Here is the site JimW is talking in about...It was Great.

[ul][li]"PDK bird"[/ul]
    ·
  • PujPuj Posts: 615
    Melanie,[p]Thanks Jim and Larry for the comps. Melanie, I highly recommend the Tomato Herb Gravy with the turkey or any turkey that you may do. It's a favorite in our house now. [p]Maybe some day I'll get to meet that Sara Foster ...[p]Puj
    ·
  • ShelbyShelby Posts: 803
    Puj,
    So basically, we are looking at 15 mins per pound @ 350* indirect?

·
  • PujPuj Posts: 615
    Shelby,[p]You got it.[p]Puj[p]
    ·