Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Beer butt chicken nest

Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made a "nest" or socket for the beer can out of a double-thick sheet of aluminum foil, scrunching the foil around the base of the can [and around the feet of the chicken]. This stabilized the can and the chicken. I formed the rest of the foil into a pan to catch the chicken fat, which reduced the amount of fat dripping onto the fire.[p]This was my first beer butt. My wife said it was the best chicken she ever ate. 225 degrees for 3 hours, with a few chunks of oak the size of candy bars. Marinated it for a day in a garlic/herb/salt/pepper/apple vinegar rub; I used a wooden spoon to loosen the skin and to spread the rub.[p][PS -- I'm a first-time poster but a long-time lurker, and I just want to thank all of the eggsperts whose advice has been so helpful for my first six months of egging!]

Comments