Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Killer Pasta -- Long Post - lots of pictures

Options
BobS
BobS Posts: 2,485
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had a fun time cooking today! I have been wanting to roast tomatoes on the grill and use them to make pasta sauce for a long time and today seemed like the perfect fall day.[p]Here are the roma tomatoes along with two peppers, just as they are going on the grill. I had the grill running at 250, with my Guru and let them roast for 3 ½ hours.[p]29-09-07Tomatoesjuston.jpg[p]Here they are as they were ready to come off the grill.[p]29-09-07Tomatoesreadytopull.jpg[p]Next I cooked some hot Italian sausage.[p]29-09-07ItalianSausage.jpg[p]The nest steps were all inside, but could have been done on the grill. I started by browning onion, garlic, green and red pepper.[p]29-09-07SauteedVeggies.jpg[p]Next I added red wine and let it cook down to a glaze.[p]29-09-07Veggieswine.jpg[p]29-09-07Winedowntoaglaze.jpg[p]After that I stirred in two tablespoons of tomato paste and let that cook down and then added two cans chopped tomatoes, a can of tomato sauce and then added the chopped, roasted tomatoes and the sliced sausage.[p]29-09-07Choppedtomatoessausage.jpg[p]Here is the resulting sauce.[p]29-09-07Sauce.jpg[p]Next I started the pasta. This is some semolina, salt and eggs.[p]29-09-07StartingthePasta.jpg[p]Here are the pasta sheets before cutting followed by the cut pasta.[p]29-09-07Pastasheets.jpg[p]29-09-07CutPasta.jpg[p]The last is the reward for a fun day of cooking – fresh pasta with killer sauce, topped with fresh grated Parmesan.[p]29-09-07PlatedPasta.jpg[p]

Comments