Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breaded Chicken Wings

Options
Jeeves
Jeeves Posts: 461
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I saw the DP Breaded chicken wing recipe...[p]Has anyone tried it? Good/Bad or alternate recipe?[p]-Jeeves

Comments

• 276724387.jpg
    <p />Jeeves,[p]I love these wings. I'm going to cook a batch up tonight. Try it, you will love them.
  • Jeeves
    Options
    Drive By Poster,[p]Where do you get your cuts? Freezer section? Sams/Costco?
  • Jeeves,[p]I got mine at the grocery store (Safeway) in the meat department...Foster Farms to be exact. I actually will be cooking twelve wings and six legs. I'm going to try the legs just like the wing recipe. Instead of using DP, I'll be trying Shakin' The Tree. Just follow the recipe as described and you will have great results. I like my chicken crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside.[p]Another good way (I only tried this in the oven and the Egg will be next) is to use corn flakes. Grind them up in a food processor until they are real fine. It is a little bit less on the calorie intake, yet just as tasty. I would give it a try tonight, but don't have any corn flakes. Hmmm...I wonder how Shake 'N Bake would taste?
  • EmandM'sDad
    Options
    Jeeves,
    It's a great recipe. Made them for the neighbors, who actually thought they were deep fried. They couldn't figure out how i got them smokey.

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Drive By Poster,
    Shake'N Bake is really good on egged pork chops, so I think it would be worth trying.

• Ross in Ventura
    Options
    DSCN1743.jpg
    <p />Jeeves,[p]I cooked up these last night. Dizzy pigs recipe, You'll like them.
    Ross

• Jeeves
    Options
    Drive By Poster,[p]Thanks![p]I do need some corn flakes, but I do have all sorts of shake and bake to get rid of. Another thing that is different is that, like dry soup, is that S&B comes in different 'variations' or 'flavors'. Corn flakes could be 'neutral', yet beneficial, as the next step is to toss is the 'make me sweat' sauce.... If using S&B, then the 'sauce' step is variable...

• 18feb07_3-003.jpg
    <p />Jeeves,
    it's ok, i guess...
    do it![p]18feb07-001.jpg[p]18feb07_1-003.jpg[p]18feb07_2-012.jpg